THE RAMBLINGS OF A FRENCH CANADIAN WARGAMER

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

What happened to Iannick?!

Yes, indeed, why have I gone AWOL for so many months?

Well, mostly because of this...

This is a picture of my garage, and the water you see is dripping from my main floor. Yes, I've had a massive flooding due to a ruptured toilet pipe (speedway) which ruined pretty much my entire first floor (because obviously it had to break while I was away). Rotten bad luck, apparently. Wooden floors, ceramic floors, kitchen modules, bathroom, bottom of walls, everything was ruined!

And the worst part?


Our house was put up for sale a week before that! How unlucky is that?


So Laurie and I spent more than 2 months living in a hotel, with 2 cats, while our first floor was being redone pretty much completely (thank God for insurances). We came home a few weeks ago.


In those months, we managed to find a beautiful house (with a basement!! all mine. GAMING ROOM!) and we made an offer on it, which was accepted. Between last year's health problems and this year two water problems we figured Karma owed us.


Now we just have to sell our current home. Anyone looking for a lovely (and completely renovated) townhouse in Montreal?


So as you can guess the hobby took a back seat to real life crap. In fact, I even avoided most of the blogs and forums I follow, because it was too difficult to not being able to participate in all of it (so if you noticed my absence it wasn't personal). I also cut all hobby spending (this whole process is kind of freakin' expensive!). Basically, I completely moved away from my hobby out of necessity.

Now I'm back home, half my stuff is in boxes, my main painting area is no more (replaced by a nice living room table...you know home staging) but I feel like painting again. And out of sheer foolhardiness I joined the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge for this year...so I guess this blog should be slightly more active, well that is until I move. Yeah, probably a few more hectic months in front of me. 

So really, this post is just my polite way to tell you all that I'm still alive!

13 comments:

  1. Iannick! That is really some tough luck but life looks to be returning to normal. Congratulations on the new house and best of luck in the painting competition.

    Very good to see you back on the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad to be back, although don't expect too much until I move and get settled! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Glad things seems to be finally working out for you. Looking forward to seeing some of your future projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have turned the corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Still have a house to sale and a move to do but yeah can't be worse than two months in a hotel room!

      Delete
  4. Nice to see you are still with us. Hope to see some more of your great looking Austrians soon.
    Cheers.
    Neil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably more some Badeners in the upcoming year!

      Delete
  5. Sorry to learn of all the hassle and expense. The new place sounds good - when do you move in there?

    BTW, Jon and I have a collective project to purchase some 36 or so Murawski Badeners apiece, so we should be seeing some of them on our respective blogs before too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well as soon as I have an accepted offer on my house. Hoping for january or february. Anyways in the meantime it will give me time to work in the house. There's some awful wallpaper in my future mancave/gaming room I need to get rid of...fast!

      Can't wait to see your work on the Badeners!!

      Delete
  6. Montreal might be a bit of a commute to Halifax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then just move!

      I promise I'll invite you over to my new place to play some games. That's a sweet deal just there ;-)

      Delete
  7. Sounds bloody awful! Glad you're sorting life out again!

    ReplyDelete