THE RAMBLINGS OF A FRENCH CANADIAN WARGAMER

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Shasu Bedouins

Today au menu we have a unit of Shasu Bedouin javelineers for my Canaanite army. The Shasu Bedouin were Semitic speaking pastoral cattle nomads who appeared in the Levant from the late Bronze Age to the Early Iron Age. They were organized in clans under a tribal chieftain. Regarded as outcasts and brigands, they were usually hired as mercenaries to supplement the forces of the Canaanite kings.

I stayed true to my army colour scheme but included more raw linen clothes to reflect the Shasu's standing or lack thereof. Although I did went colourful on the headgears.


As usual, the figures are Foundry, bases by Litko. 


These guys are my 5th submission of the contest and give me 60 pts. I'm still way behind my objective but I intend to do my best to at least send one more submission before the end of the contest.

Tomorrow, a tutorial on my basing method, using these guys as examples.

7 comments:

  1. This project keeps getting better and better!

    I wouldn't have thought there'd be too many figures out there for the period, but you keep pumping them out. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good. I always thought of headdress a swept back hair but probably was some kind of hat.
    These again look very nice and colourful. Skin tone is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Iannick, you are really doing a great job with them. Keep it up! I am myself not any close to start with mine biblical, but your work is truly inspiring anyway. I'll come back to it for sure.

    Nico.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! No rush, anyways I still need to get a lot more terrain and my army is nowhere near finished.

      Delete
  4. where can i buy these figures? nicolelrose18@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete